Site rebranded to Custom Swing Components
I'm really excited to announce that the site is undergoing a rebranding exercise to change its name to Custom Swing Components. The purpose of the rebranding is to bring the site in line with Sun's trademark and legal guidelines. I must admit the Sun documents made for some interesting reading, and the subtle nuances around usage were very fascinating. The original usage guide from Sun was very explicit regarding what was permitted and what was not permitted, however the new Oracle guidelines seem a bit more vague.
The main issue we faced was around the use of the word Java. You were permitted to use the word Java in your domain name, however you are not permitted to use the word Java in the name of your site.
We decided that even though we were rebranding for compliance reasons we thought this would also make a fantastic opportunity to improve the site. Some of the more observant of you will have already noticed many additional visual tweaks and improvements.
For those of you who have purchased components from us, you will be happy to know that the rebranding pertains only to the web site and will not extend into the codebase, thereby maintaining the current package and class names.
Watch this space for further changes.
The LATEST chatter
- Halted all development on the twitter client. The application in its incomplete state is available at: http://tinyurl.com/6ktd8xw — 2 years 37 weeks ago
- Java Swing Components is currently undergoing a rebranding exercise to Custom Swing Components. The url however will remain the same. — 3 years 8 weeks ago
- Java Swing Components is proud to announce the release of our rater component. http://www.javaswingcomponents.com/product/rater — 3 years 9 weeks ago
- Java Swing Components is proud to announce the release of our first bundle including a fun demo. http://www.javaswingcomponents.com/products — 3 years 14 weeks ago
- New post: New Component Teaser http://tinyurl.com/35hxfnn — 3 years 14 weeks ago